Whether you want to update the firmware of your Netgear wireless router to its latest version, change its WiFi or login password, hide its network name (SSID), switch to a different channel, or tweak any other settings, you need to perform Netgear router login.
Walk through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how to log in to your Netgear wireless router using two different methods.
Netgear Router Login Using Manual Method
Take the help of the instructions mentioned below and learn how to perform Netgear router login using the Manual method:
- Plug your Netgear wireless router into a working wall socket.
- Press the power button.
- Wait for some time and let the LED on your device become green.
- Get hold of an Ethernet cable.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable to your router and another to the modem.
- Switch on your PC.
- Open an internet browser.
- In the address bar of the browser, type routerlogin net or routerlogin com.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the official Netgear router login page.
- Input the default username and password and click the Log In button.
- You will be taken to the Netgear WiFi extender setup wizard.
In this manner, you will easily be able to perform Netgear router login using the Manual method in a hassle-free manner.
Netgear Router Login Using Nighthawk App
Another way through which you can log in to your Netgear wireless router is using the Nighthawk application. Here is how you can go about the process with ease:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Head over to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- From the displayed list of results, tap the Download button.
- Wait for some time and let the application get installed.
- Launch the app.
- When prompted, fill in the default admin details of your Netgear router.
- Tap the Log In button.
- The Nighthawk router setup page will come into view.
And that is how you can perform Netgear router login with the help of the Nighthawk app.
To make sure that you face no issues while logging in to your wireless router, keep the following points in mind.
Keypoints For Successful Netgear Router Login
- Make sure that your Netgear wireless router and the existing modem are getting enough power supply from their respective wall outlets.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear wireless router and the existing modem should not be worn out or damaged. Also, the connection between your devices is supposed to be finger-tight.
- Enter the correct web address in the address bar of your internet browser. While doing do, avoid typing errors as much as you can.
- Whether you are using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera, or any other web browser, ensure that it is running on its updated version.
- Only enter the correct login username and password when prompted. If you are not sure about the default admin details of your device, it is recommended that you refer to the user manual. Once you have taken the reference, try to access the Netgear Nighthawk router setup wizard using the login credentials.
- Do not place your router or modem near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminum studs, corners, and concrete walls.
- Last, but not least, if an antivirus software is installed on your computer, disable it temporarily. Or else, you won’t be able to log in your Netgear wireless router no matter how much you try.
Our guide to perform Netgear router login using the Manual method and the Nighthawk app is concluding here. Let us hope that after following the step-by-step guidelines mentioned above, you will be able to log in to your wireless device with ease.
If you do, feel free to change the WiFi password of your router, update its firmware, hide its network name, or do pretty much anything that you want.